Friday 10 April 2015

Mascara Madness- Maybelline Lash Sensational







 Hello Everyone! This is a new series for my blog, it is called Mascara Madness, I used to do this on a very old theme on my Instagram but I didn't pursue it for more than two posts...oops! I will be reviewing a mascara every week and rating it out of 5! First up is Maybelline Lash Sensational which is a new addition to Maybelline's vast range of mascaras. I hope you enjoy.

I am a massive fan of mascaras, owning over 25- which is too many! Whenever I see a new release or a promotional offer I am all over it. I am yet to find the ultimate holy grail mascara that ticks all the boxes but with Lash Sensational we are getting very close!


The packaging is sleek and very Maybelline! It is a gorgeous vintage pink colour and for me is simple and elegant. I absolutely love how it looks and it caught my eye every time I went through Superdrug. It was on an introductory offer for £5.99 and I was urging to buy it but told myself I didn't need another mascara to add to my collection. When I finally gave in, the intro offer was off and I felt a bit bummed however paid £7.99 and would happily pay it again! 

The formula isn't thick or runny. It is the perfect consistency and doesn't make lashes feel wet or clumpy. It does not flake either so you don't have to worry about little flecks of black appearing under your eyes. This is not waterproof and as far as I am aware there isn't one yet available but I certainly hope there is in the future!

As for the wand, it is plastic but not the flimsy type you can get. The brush's curved shape makes it easier to lift and curl your lashes which creates effortless curl and length. My lashes are spread out and immediately after one coat, lengthened. The maximum I would apply is two coats, anymore after that and it gets too clumpy for my liking. If you are looking for volume as well as length and curl this isn't for you as I feel there isn't a lot of volume present. This is also a great dupe for Benefit Roller Lash and in all honesty, I prefer it. 

You can purchase it from Superdrug or Boots for £7.99, there are usually buy one get one free offers or 3 for 2, so take advantage of these deals if you have been wanting to try out some other products from them. I got a powder and a brow product along with this and used some of my Superdrug Beauty Card points which reduced the price down either further! 

Overall, this mascara gets 5/5 from me, yes it isn't my dream one, that I am yet to find, it is the closest I have got to it. At the moment it is an everyday favourite and I love it. When I need a new mascara, I will definitely repurchase this one. I hope this post was helpful and comment below if you have tried it or are going to! Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin. Thank you. Love, Liv xox

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13934749/?claim=r6n7dpjuke2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


4 comments:

  1. I bought this recently and I didn't really like it at first but now I love it. It makes my lashes look so long!
    I followed you on bloglovin :)

    Tara Eavan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best! I wasn't a fan at first, I think the formula just needed to change like they normally do after a few days. Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I've tried a lot of drugstore mascaras, especially from maybelline but not this one! You have totally made me want to try it out...looks amazing and the packaging is cute too! My fave drugstore mascara is Revlon's lash potion :-) xxxx

    Love Charlotte x
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I've seen that one, might add it to my list of ones to try! You should Defo get this, it's amazing! Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete