Tuesday 7 April 2015

My Skincare Routine


Hello Everyone! I thought I would post my skincare routine. Normally, it changes all the time because I tend to try new products and see what works for me. However, I think I have found a routine that suits me and my skin. I have a fairly simple routine that I stick to but I sometimes add in products here and there when my skin needs an extra pick me up. I hope you enjoy this post.

Skintype:

My skin is sensitive and dry. I am lucky in the sense my skin is clear and that occasionally I get a few spots however I sometimes suffer with eczema patches, mainly in Winter.

Makeup Remover:

To remove my makeup I take the Garnier Micellar Water. When I saw that this product was coming out, I knew I had to buy it so I did. Little did I know I would become obsessed! I am currently on my 18th bottle. I would really recommend this if you want a quick and easy makeup remover that is gentle and soothes the skin. I lightly soak cotton pads and sweep them round my face and hold them on my eyes. The makeup just lifts away from your skin or eyes and does not sting. It retails for about £4.99 but I purchase mine in Savers for £2.99 which is an absolute bargain! They have released another version of this cleansing water which comes in a green lid, I am yet to try it but if I do, expect a review! 

Cleanser:


For my Cleanser, I use the Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser. This cleanser is amazing, it thoroughly washes and cleanses the skin without drying it out too much and leaves it beautifully soft. This is a deluxe sample that my Mum gave me. You simply use a pea size amount and apply it to a wet face, using circular motions to rub it in, the cleanser foams up a lot and rinses off easily. I love Clinique products because they have no fragrance which is perfect for your skin. This retails for £17.

Exfoliator:

I rarely exfoliate because it is so rough on my skin but if I do, which is about once a month, I use the Clinique 7 Day Scrub which leaves my skin soft and polished but I can find it a little drying. This retails for £19.

Moisturizer: 

It is very important that you moisturize day and night to prevent dry skin and keep it soft. Moisturizer is also a great base for makeup to sit on and I find if you have a decent moisturizer a primer isn't necessary. I use the Johnson's 24 Hour Hydrating Cream which is very light but rich on the skin. In the range they do a night cream however I use the same one at night or my serum. This retails for £3.99. 

Serum:

Serums are a great product if you want to give your skin an extra boost of moisture. You simply apply this after you have moisturized and leave it to sink into the skin. I use the Superdrug Vitamin E Serum which smells like coconut and has a consistency like conditioner which makes me feel a little strange when applying it as all I think of is the Garnier Coconut Conditioner. Putting that aside, it does leave my skin super soft and feeling extra smooth! I use this mainly at night but if I have a long day ahead of me, I will use it underneath my makeup ensuring foundation doesn't flake or stick to dry patches. It retails for £3.99. 

Spots & Extra Dry Patches:

When I get a spot, I follow out my strict routine. I ensure I cleanse my face and moisturise it whilst leaving the spot alone. It is tempting to pick it however I have never picked a spot in my life, yes it does stay for a few extra days but it leaves no scarring and doesn't make the spot come back again. At night, I will apply Sudocrem Skincare Cream on my spot which makes it shrink and after a few nights, eventually disappear. I also use this on any dry patches I have and this just ensures they are hydrated. Retailing at only £1.99, this is a bargain of mine and I repurchase it time and time again.

Thank you for reading my skincare routine, remember everyone's skin is different so these products may not work for you the way they do for me however they are worth trying out and seeing if they make a difference! The one secret I have to clear skin is to drink plenty of water, eat as healthily as possible (most of the time!) and use the Garnier Micellar Water- it's a life saver! I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to follow me on Instagram and on here, Love Liv xox




<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13934749/?claim=r6n7dpjuke2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. I love the Body Shop Vitamin E range which can be a little pricey so I'll have to check out Superdrugs range, the serum sounds great! I also use the micellar water, it's great!

    Amy, www.thetracesofmythoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is good! I would reccomend trying the Superdrug range, it could be a great cheaper alternative! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this post! I really want to buy the serum now as I currently use the Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser from super drug and Iove it!

    Great blog - keep it up!

    - Jess xx

    heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the cleanser is good, might have to try it! I recommend the serum! Thank you :)

      Delete